Senior Software Development Manager
We’re a small(ish), innovative, and agile company that works with some of the top brands in the world. We’re passionate about technology and helping our customers use our mobile messaging solutions. You will be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting challenges. Because of our culture, team structure, and development practices, you will immediately see your contributions to our success. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce—the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Key to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
Senior Software Development Manager
Do you enjoy breaking down large, multi-functional technical problems and managing the resources required to make things happen? Do you want to play a key role in building great development teams?
OpenMarket is currently seeking a Senior Software Development Manager to lead a technical team comprised of software development engineers, quality assurance engineers, and program managers. You will provide guidance and support to your team throughout the software development lifecycle as they build projects and services in an agile environment. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—work well in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, across technical matters and business discussions
- Strong problem-solving and design skills whilst considering the bigger picture
- Proven record of analyzing business and technical specifications, and driving development projects to completion
- Ability to work through roadblocks and provide solutions
- Ability to motivate and empower people, and facilitate a positive work environment
- Comfortable with actively coaching, mentoring, and giving feedback, as well as receiving and acting upon feedback from others
- Solid skills prioritizing your own and others’ workload and time
- Advocacy mindset to communicate, pursue, and address the needs of your team
- Strong ability to discern the emotions and opinions of others, as well as recognize how your own behavior influences others
- Willingness to manage up and across the organization—not afraid to have difficult conversations
- Experience with planning and conducting interviews to evaluate applicants to ensure technical and cultural bar is maintained
Nice to have
- Experience leading software engineering teams of approximately 7 people each
- Experience with assisting in the technical strategy for the organization
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with Java server-side software design and development
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This role is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top