Senior Software Development Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
Senior Software Development Engineer
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software that will be part of the OpenMarket platform. The OpenMarket platform is a service oriented architecture solution consisting of a growing number of web services related to SMS and MMS. As a developer at OpenMarket you will work on a small, dedicated service team which is responsible for the design, development and maintenance of the service. You will ensure your service will be able to scale while maintaining high performance in a 99.99% uptime environment. The technology stacks and build environment vary by service, but may include technologies such as: ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, Hibernate, Spring, JMX, Tomcat, Maven, MySQL and Linux.
Teams take complete ownership and oversee the deployment, operation, and monitoring of the services they own. In addition, some off-hours/on-call support may be required in a “last tier” support capacity.
What to bring
- Strong problem solving skills
- Great communication and collaboration skills and a strong teamwork ethic
- 8 or more years of Expert-Level Java server-side software design and development
- Solid core Java and multithreading experience
- Experience with REST, SOA and enterprise application integration technologies and patterns
- In-depth knowledge of implementing complex Web-based systems in high volume enterprise-class environments
- An understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql), data modeling and SQL
- Knowledge of JSON and XML
- Experience with data binding technologies (e.g. Jackson and JAXB)
Nice to have
- Experience in an Agile/Scrum work environment
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data, or other ORM library
- Experience with Spring Framework or other dependency injection framework
- Experience with Maven and Git
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Working with some of the world’s top brands
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This role is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top