Senior Software Development Engineer
OpenMarket helps the biggest brands in the world use mobile messaging to connect with their customers in the moments when it counts. When they need to be there and be responsive in real-time. When customer experience isn’t just a buzzword: it’s an obsession. By combining a powerful, scalable and reliable platform with a deep understanding of how text messaging can transform business processes, OpenMarket works with enterprises to roll out timely, useful and context-sensitive mobile messaging at massive scale. OpenMarket is a division of Amdocs and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with regional offices in Detroit, London, Sydney, Pune, and Guadalajara.
We help enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
About the role:
Would you like opportunities to explore new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis? Do you love delivering features that delight customers?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Solid practices around testing to ensure quality (e.g. unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing)
- Working knowledge of Linux such as scripting and command line tools
- Desire to lead by example by promoting standards and methodologies within your team
- Ability to organize and provide direction to your service team
Nice to have
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Knowledge of mobile messaging
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top