Senior Software Development Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative, and agile company that works with some of the top brands in the world. We’re passionate about technology and helping our customers use our mobile messaging solutions. You will be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting challenges. Because of our culture, team structure, and development practices, you will immediately see your contributions to our success. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce—the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Key to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
Senior Software Development Engineer
Would you like opportunities to explore new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis? Do you love delivering features that delight customers?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our architecture consists of a growing number of microservices that drive our platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, monitoring, and occasional "last tier" support of the services they own.
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Expert-level Java server-side software design and development
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Thorough understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Solid practices around testing to ensure quality (e.g. unit testing, TDD, integration testing, performance testing)
- Working knowledge of Linux such as scripting and command line tools
- Desire to lead by example by promoting standards and methodologies within your team
- Ability to organize and provide direction to your service team
Nice to have
- Experience with high availability and scalability of RESTful web services and microservices
- Experience with dependency injection frameworks (Spring, Guice)
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with UI frameworks (AngularJS, ReactJS)
- Knowledge of mobile messaging
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top