Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce--the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Key to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Would you like opportunities to explore and build new technologies such as ZooKeeper, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Redis?
OpenMarket is currently seeking Java developers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our service oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams oversee the deployment, operation, and monitoring of the services they own. In addition, some off-hours/on-call support may be required in a “last tier” support capacity.
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- A collaborative working style--communicate and work well in our team environment
- Expert-Level Java server-side software design and development
- Solid core Java and multithreading experience
- Experience building REST, microservices and high volume enterprise applications
- An understanding of persistence (SQL or NoSql) and data modeling
- Knowledge of mobile messaging, scalability, high availability, a plus
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with Hibernate, JPA, Spring Data, or other ORM library
- Experience with Spring Framework or other dependency injection framework
- Experience with Maven and Git
- Experience with queuing, distributed caching, AngularJS, or ReactJS
You’ll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelors degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top