Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you enjoy breaking software? Are you passionate about providing a good customer experience? OpenMarket is currently seeking quality assurance engineers to analyze requirements and use cases, create and execute test plans, and discover and document defects. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining HA in a 99.99% up-time environment through manual and automated testing.
What you'll be doing
- Working with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories
- Owning the end-to-end testing process of software applications.
- Discovering deficiencies and ambiguities in stories and requirements
- Performing automated and manual functional testing of application software
- Maintaining and expanding existing test suites
- Collaborating with developers to detail and log defects and to provide feedback on improvement areas.
- Mentoring other QA engineers to grow in their roles.
- Assisting support and operations in resolving technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to details
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven software testing experience, including black and gray box testing
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Familiar with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with Java
- Experience developing automated tests
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat, or Jetty
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Proven understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
- Experience testing microservices
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top