Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
What you'll be doing
- Working with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories
- Owning the end-to-end testing process of software applications.
- Discovering deficiencies and ambiguities in stories and requirements
- Performing automated and manual functional testing of application software
- Maintaining and expanding existing test suites
- Collaborating with developers to detail and log defects and to provide feedback on improvement areas.
- Mentoring other QA engineers to grow in their roles.
- Assisting support and operations in resolving technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to details
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven software testing experience, including black and gray box testing
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Familiar with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with Java
- Experience developing automated tests
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat, or Jetty
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Proven understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
- Experience testing microservices
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top