Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you? Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
Senior Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you enjoy breaking software? Are you passionate about providing a good customer experience? OpenMarket is currently seeking quality assurance engineers to analyze requirements and use cases, create and execute test plans, and discover and document defects. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining HA in a 99.99% up-time environment through manual and automated testing.
What you'll be doing
- Work with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories
- Discover deficiencies in stories and requirements
- Perform manual and automated functional testing of application software
- Maintain and expand existing test suites
- Collaborate with developers to detail and log defects
- Assist support and operations in resolving technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- A collaborative working style--communicate and work well in our team environment
- Solid software testing experience, including black and gray box testing
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Focus on continuous improvement of all processes
- Familiar with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat, or Jetty
- Experience working in with microservices
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
- Familiarity with Java
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with test automation tools such as JUnit, RestAssured, Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with databases such as MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with programming and/or scripting with Java, bash shell scripting, HTML
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, México
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top