Senior QA Engineer
Senior QA Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Do you enjoy breaking software? Are you passionate about providing a good customer experience? OpenMarket is currently seeking quality assurance engineers to analyze requirements and use cases, create and execute test plans, and discover and document defects. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining HA in a 99.99% up-time environment through manual and automated testing.
What you’ll be doing
- Work with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories
- Discover deficiencies in stories and requirements
- Perform manual and automated functional testing of application software
- Maintain and expand existing test suites
- Collaborate with developers to detail and log defects
- Assist support and operations in resolving technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills--creative and analytical with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- A collaborative working style--communicate and work well in our team environment
- Solid software testing experience, including black and gray box testing
- Experience writing test plans and test cases alyzing requirements and use case analysis, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Focus on continuous improvement of all processes
- Familiar with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat, or Jetty
- Experience working in with microservices
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Experience with test automation tools such as JUnit, RestAssured, Selenium, Cucumber
- Experience with databases such as MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with programming and/or scripting with Java, bash shell scripting, HTML
You’ll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top