Senior QA Engineer
Senior QA Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
Analyze functional requirements/Use cases for completeness, accuracy and testability. Create test plans and test cases based on functional requirements and use cases. Execute test cases, discover defects, document the results, and manage the process in test software. Automate test cases. Need to have solid communication skills, be a self-starter, and have the ability to work in an ambiguous environment.
What you’ll be doing
- Managing the Quality of the services assigned
- Working with Developers and Program Managers to write test cases based on use cases and stories
- Expanding stories and requirements where missing or deficient
- Performing functional testing of application software
- Logging defects found during testing
- Contributing to the overall success of the OpenMarket Services organization
- Focusing on continuous improvement of all processes
- Assisting support and operations in resolving configuration and technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Minimum of 6 years of Software Testing, including black and gray box testing
- Requirements/Use case analysis, Test case development, Test Plan development, and Defect recording and tracking
- Experience with Linux/Unix and Windows Operating Systems
- A solid understanding of testing methodology
Nice to have
- 2+ years experience working in an agile environment
- 4+ years experience with test automation tools
- Familiar with HTML, HTTP, XML, and SOAP (or REST) protocols and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with web server technologies such as Tomcat, Apache, or Weblogic
- Database experience, preferably MySQL or Oracle
- Experience with Agile Methodologies such as Scrum, XP and Test Driven Development
- Experience working in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) from a four year accredited college or university in Computer Science or equivalent experience
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top