Senior QA Engineer
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide.
We’re passionate about technology and about doing software development right. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success.
You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we get stuck into solving all sorts of interesting problems such as improving the geo-redundancy and scalability of the platform, upgrading and modernizing our technology stack at the same time.
We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
As one of the first QAs joining our London team, you’ll be playing a key role in establishing and integrating a new testing function into our existing development team. You will work closely with developers to ensure that our software remains defect free, as we improve the scalability and geo-redundancy of our services.We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join us. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
What to bring
- Strong experience in crafting and building automated testing environments
- Deep understanding of agile software development methodologies (e.g. Kanban, Scrum)
- TDD or BDD
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Requirements analysis, user story writing and test case development
- HTTP and RESTful Web Services, SOA
- Linux, Git/Gitlab tools
Nice to Have
- Java, maven, dependency injection framework (eg. Guice, Spring)
- Continuous integration and continuous delivery (e.g. Jenkins)
- Unit testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, JMock, Hamcrest)
- Testing highly available and scalable SaaS applications
- Relational or NoSQL databases (e.g. MySQL, Cassandra, HBase)
- Solid academic background
You’re a great fit if you love...
- Using your experience and expertise to help design and build a testing methodology to be proud of.
- Being part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that pushes you to learn latest technologies and grow as a lead engineer.
- Working alongside developers to build reliable, high-performance and high available software systemsautomated testing for java applications based on SOA architecture.
- Taking part in technical and non technical conversations to drive business solutions
- Working with some of the world’s top brands
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
OpenMarket benefits and standard relocation packages will apply.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top