Senior Product Manager, RCS Messaging
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
RCS Messaging – The Next Big Mobile Messaging Solution for Business to Consumer (B2C) Engagement
OpenMarket delivers complete mobile engagement solutions to Fortune 2000 companies - delivering Empathetic Interactions at huge scale.
Rich Communication Services (RCS) is coming. And we’re one of the pioneers working with Google and others to make the dream come true.
RCS is text messaging for the smartphone age with pictures, videos, chat bots and an app-like experience within your mobile messaging inbox! It gives businesses more options to know when customers are reading their messages and interacting with them.
GSMA says the market opportunity for A2P rev is $74B by 2020, with over 5-billion potential consumers – everyone who has a mobile phone. Source: https://www.gsmaintelligence.com/
There is a market opportunity to displace email & voice as the primary engagement channel on mobile devices and to extend the mobile-app experience to the mobile messaging inbox. Surveys show that mobile messaging is the preferred communications channel for B2C engagement, with most consumers reading their text messages within 3 minutes of receiving them.
Senior Product Manager, RCS Messaging
Do you love growing innovative, industry changing product technology that delights customers? This person will develop RCS mobile messaging solutions by working with customers, partners, and carriers. Gathering requirements, engaging with development to build cool solutions while also supporting the go to market activities. You will engage with these ecosystem providers to launch new integrations to expand our market reach with mobile providers, and support sales demos, customer trials, and educate the market about RCS messaging. You are inspiring our Fortune 2000 enterprise customers and motivating our Sales team to roll out this game-changing technology to disrupt the competitive landscape.
What you’ll be doing:
- Your Emotional Intelligence enables you to collaborate well with Product Managers, Sales, Marketing and Carrier Relations teams at OpenMarket and successfully engage with our mobile operator and ecosystem partners. You will articulate the work and value of RCS messaging in both technical and business terms.
- Improving Customer Experience and Developing Relationships: You will work directly with our enterprise customers as well as our Sales and Account Management teams to continually represent and improve the product.
- Roadmap Planning: Our product managers craft comprehensive product plans, which define customer and market requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve our customer's goals.
- Teach the customer: You will educate our customers and partners so they can understand RCS messaging and how it is relevant for them.
What to bring:
- You have successfully launched technical product innovation.
- You have experience in working with teams "across the pond", i.e. in different locations, time zones and cultures.
- You know how information security, high availability and other typical online SaaS product features benefit enterprise customers. You live the software roadmap process in order to maximize the output for our products.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will tailor communication to the appropriate audience: You are wonderfully succinct.
- You have knowledge of mobile messaging services like SMS or MMS or IP messaging apps (ideally RCS messaging).
- You'll bring prior third-party integration experience to bear with the comfort of learning new technologies.
- You will have experience with Agile software development methodologies, and are comfortable describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- You take a collaborative approach to work and work well in a team environment.
You’ll be a great fit if:
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You love disrupting the market with new technology and you welcome the challenge of organizing, managing and executing complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your mobile messaging background and expertise to inspire the business.
- You enjoy working with a diverse team in a creative and stimulating environment.
- You love working with global brands and outmaneuvering the competition
- B.S. degree
- 5-10 years of experience in software product management for enterprise SaaS products, with some marketing and/or mobile operator partnership experience
- 2+ years of mobile messaging experience
This position is open in Seattle, WA
Some international travel is expected
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top