Senior Product Manager
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Senior Product Manager
Do you love delivering features that delight customers? Our product owners define market requirements, product strategy, specification of service features and capabilities, and on-time delivery of new products - ranging from SMS, MMS, RCS and other solutions. You are a guru in gathering and analyzing functional requirements, applying core product development principles, collaborating across the organizational spectrum, and communicating in both technical and business terms.
What you'll be doing
- Improving Customer Experience and Developing Relationships: We Prioritize our Customers above all, so you will work directly with our Customers as well as our Sales and Account Management teams to continually represent and improve the product.
- Roadmap Planning: Our product owners craft comprehensive product plans, which define customer and market requirements, establish the objectives, strategies, and actions needed to achieve our customer's goals. You will also contribute to the overall business and marketing strategy for your product.
- Requirements Specification: We work closely with our service delivery teams to prioritize and handle the scope of each product release to deliver key capabilities on time and on budget, while balancing the needs of all other OMie organizations, including marketing, sales, engineering, support, and operations.
- Delivery and Message Systems: Our product owners are visionaries for how the OpenMarket platform will evolve, and you will continue to build our mobile messaging capabilities for our products on a global scale.
- Competitive Analysis: Other OMies look to the product owner to provide market knowledge and how we position our products in a highly competitive marketplace.
- Cross-Team Leadership: We work with our Engineering teams to develop requirements definition and release planning. You will also lead and coordinate product launches across all organizations.
What to bring
- 5+ years of product ownership experience in an online, enterprise SaaS product. You know how information security, high availability and other typical online SaaS product features benefit enterprise customers.
- You'll bring strong problem-solving skills to bear with skills in lateral thinking and logical reasoning.
- You will have experience with Agile software development methodologies, and be comfortable describing capabilities using artifacts such as project pages, functional specifications, and sequence diagrams.
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You will tailor communication to the appropriate audience: You are wonderfully succinct.
- You have high Emotional Intelligence which enables you to steer the team and successfully collaborate across the organizational spectrum. You articulate the work and value of the team in both technical and business terms internally as well as with customers.
- You have knowledge of mobile messaging services like SMS, MMS, and emerging RCS
- You have working knowledge of SMPP and HTTP protocol, and what typical integration scenarios with customer applications look like: API requests, responses, JSON, status codes, headers, and authentication.
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top