Senior Network Administrator
Senior Network Administrator
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Operations team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero down time of services hosted by Operations. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day operational support of a multi-site geo-redundant data center production environment as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Provision and maintain servers, network equipment, storage devices, and other related infrastructure components
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Occasionally work directly with customers to resolve issues or determine solutions
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- 5 years of experience configuring and deploying production networking equipment, including routers, firewalls and load balancers, in a production environment
- Expert of dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience with:
- Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches
- Troubleshooting various network issues and packet flows, using tools such as tcpdump and NetFlow
- Configuring and troubleshooting VPNs such as IPSec and OpenVPN
- Various infrastructure and networking services such as DNS and DHCP
- Monitoring tools such as Nagios or Cacti and general knowledge of SNMP
- Configuring RADIUS or LDAP for AAA
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Change control processes, security reviews, and maintenance procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and keep track of various deliverables and their respective deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
Nice to have
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- 3 years of experience with Linux systems
- Hands-on experience working in a datacenter environment
- Advanced experience with Linux iptables firewalls
- Experience with office Wi-Fi environments
- Cisco or other certifications relevant to a Network Administrator
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy…
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top