Senior Network Administrator
OpenMarket helps the biggest brands in the world use mobile messaging to connect with their customers in the moments when it counts. When they need to be there and be responsive in real-time. When customer experience isn’t just a buzzword: it’s an obsession. By combining a powerful, scalable and reliable platform with a deep understanding of how text messaging can transform business processes, OpenMarket works with enterprises to roll out timely, useful and context-sensitive mobile messaging at massive scale. OpenMarket is a division of Amdocs and is headquartered in Seattle, Washington, with regional offices in Detroit, London, Sydney, Pune, and Guadalajara.
We help enterprises use mobile to transform their business. OpenMarket provides mobile engagement solutions for organizations to optimize their operations and enhance relationships with their customers and employees. Major enterprises choose OpenMarket for our domain expertise, service flexibility, demonstrated performance and reliability, global scale, and corporate maturity. Our clients trust us to power their mobile business.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
About the role;
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Operations team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero down time of services hosted by Operations. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you'll be doing;
- Day-to-day operational support of a multi-site geo-redundant data center production environment as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the Operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Provision and maintain servers, network equipment, storage devices, and other related infrastructure components
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Occasionally work directly with customers to resolve issues or determine solutions
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- 5 years of experience configuring and deploying production networking equipment, including routers, firewalls and load balancers, in a production environment
- Expert of dynamic routing protocols such as OSPF and BGP
- Experience with Cisco firewalls, routers, and switches
- Fixing various network issues and packet flows, using tools such as tcpdump and NetFlow
- Configuring and maintaining VPNs such as IPSec and OpenVPN
- Various infrastructure and networking services such as DNS and DHCP
- Knowledge of monitoring tools such as Nagios or Cacti and SNMP
- Configuring RADIUS or LDAP for AAA
- Scripting languages such as Bash, Perl, or Python
- Change control processes, security reviews, and maintenance procedures
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to communicate effectively with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical skills in a fast paced environment
- Ability to multitask and keep track of the various work you're doing with consideration to project deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
Nice to have;
- Experience with F5 load balancers
- 3 years of experience with Linux systems
- Hands-on experience working in a datacenter environment
- Advanced experience with Linux iptables firewalls
- Experience with office Wi-Fi environments
- Cisco or other certifications relevant to a Network Administrator
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy…
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in London.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top