Senior Director, Engineering
Senior Director, Engineering
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
About the role
This position is the most senior in the Delivery & Operations group in the UK. We are seeking a seasoned leader who will have direct line management of several Development teams as well as dotted-line representation of other Delivery & Operations groups in the UK (Engineering, Operations, and Support). As Engineering Director, you will be responsible for developing Engineering Managers and ensuring quality software delivery, contributing to the strategic direction setting and its realization for our SOA platform, and constantly working to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the Engineering organization. As the senior-most Delivery & Operations position in the UK, you will be a member of the UK Leadership Team joining multi-functional leaders providing oversight of the UK office.
What to bring
- Strong leadership skills are essential, preferably based on emotional intelligence and principle-centered leadership
- Deep experience with Services Oriented Architecture and its underlying principles
- Solid experience in delivering Software-as-a-Service
- Capable of representing OpenMarket externally to customers and suppliers, and demonstrating negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Cultural sensitivity (i.e. understanding of cultural challenges when dealing with international partners, and globally distributed teams)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent relationship capabilities
- Ability to design and implement new business processes successfully
You’ll be a great fit if…
- You are an emotionally intelligent, results-oriented teammate
- You are focused on ensuring best in class customer experience
- You seek to draw people in, even under conflict
- You ignore siloes – if you see issue or opportunity anywhere across OpenMarket’s organisation you will ensure ownership and resolution
- You take it personally when an issue is unresolved
This role is open in London, England
Travel required: 10-20%
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer
OpenMarket benefits and standard relocation packages will apply.
Employment in this position will be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top