Senior Dev Ops Engineer
We are a growing, innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
About the role
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Operations team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones on the constantly evolving mission to achieve zero down time of services hosted by Operations. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Day-to-day operational support of a multi-site geo-redundant data center production environment as well as internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions, meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Provision and maintain servers, network equipment, storage devices, and other related infrastructure components
- Participate in 24/7 on-call responsibilities to respond to emergency situations and perform scheduled maintenance
- Occasionally work directly with customers to resolve issues or determine solutions
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
What to bring
- 5+years of experience with Linux system administration
- 5+ years supporting various standard infrastructure and networking services such as DNS, DHCP, NFS, SSH, Samba, NTP
- 4+ years coding experience in Python, and Bash scripting
- 2+ years working with and supporting AWS or another cloud technology
- Experience with centralized management such as Puppet, Chef or Ansible
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of clients and staff
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a highly visible fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of various deliverables and their respective deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
Nice to have
- Experience troubleshooting network issues
- Experience with monitoring tools such as Nagios or CheckMK
- Experience with office Wi-Fi environments
- Linux, Networking or other certifications relevant to a Systems Administrator
- Hands-on experience working in a datacenter environment
- Good understanding of database technologies such as MySQL
- Experience installing and administering network firewalls, routers and load balancers
- Experience configuring ports and vlans on network switches
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in Seattle, WA
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top