We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
About the role
The security engineer will function as a liaison between the information security compliance group and the operations engineering group. One function of the role requires the ability to translate high level security policy into tactical policy and repeatable operating procedures. The role will also be working to improve the efficiency and usability of existing security infrastructure through the use of automation and data mining. Experience with Linux, log management, scripting, SNORT, BRO, firewalls, NESSUS, HIDS and NIDS desired. Experience and understanding of the processes to create, manage and deploy cryptographic keys for the purpose of ensuring the confidentiality and integrity of data is desired.
What you’ll be doing
- Identify and define system security requirements driven by assessment-based findings, outcomes and propositions for further system security enhancement
- Provide analytical and technical security recommendations to teams that will support and enhance our mindset to deliver strong security and privacy practices into our products
- Prepare and document standard operating procedures
- Configure and troubleshoot security infrastructure devices
- Develop technical solutions and new security tools to help mitigate security vulnerabilities and automate repeatable tasks
- Active member in technical workgroups to recommend effective security configurations and architecture
- Take part as a technical resource in annual third party type I and type II audits
What to bring
- Hands on experience with Linux and Cisco IOS
- Detailed technical knowledge of database and operating system security
- Scripting capabilities for data mining and automation to improve the efficiency of info-sec infrastructure
- Cryptographic Key Management
- Strong project management and communication skills and able to work independently
Nice to have
- Experience with network technologies and with system, security, and network monitoring tools
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detection systems, authentication systems, log management, content filtering, etc.
- Experience with international security standards such as ISO 27001
- Experience with the audit process for compliance to standards
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Incident Response and Vulnerability Management
- 3 plus years of information security working experience
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy…
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Working with some of the world’s top brands
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Chiswick, London.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top