Quality Assurance Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Quality Assurance Engineer
Do you enjoy breaking software? Are you passionate about providing a good customer experience? OpenMarket is currently seeking quality assurance engineers to analyze requirements and use cases, build and execute test plans, discover document defects. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure your services are able to scale while maintaining high availability in a 99.99% up-time environment through manual and automated testing.
What you’ll be doing
- Working with developers and program managers to write test cases based on specifications and user stories
- Discovering deficiencies or ambiguities in stories and requirements
- Performing automated and manual functional and integration testing of application software
- Maintaining and growing existing test suites
- Collaborating with developers to detail and log defects and providing feedback on improvement areas
- Assisting support and operations in resolving technical issues in a “last tier” support capacity
What to bring
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to details
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Organize and provide direction to your and other service teams to ensure successful delivery
- Knowledge of software testing techniques, including boundary, black box and gray box testing
- Experience writing test plans and test cases, strong test case development and execution, and defect recording and tracking
- Experience developing automated test cases/scripts
- Expert levels skills with HTTP, JSON (or XML), and REST (or SOAP) and knowledge of networking technologies/tools
- Experience with Linux/Unix
- Knowledge of databases such as MySQL or Oracle
- Proven understanding of testing methodologies and SDLC
Nice to have
- Experience with Agile software development methodologies
- Testing experience with Java based applications
- Experience testing microservices
- Experience with test automation tools as JUnit, RestAssured, Selenium, Cucumber
- Knowledge of web server technologies such as Tomcat, or Jetty
- Experience with programming and/or scripting with Java, bash shell scripting, HTML
- Knowledge of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, Maven, Git, Gradle, Gitlab, GitHub, etc
You'll be a great fit if
- Being a part of a small, dynamic and agile team encourages you to learn and grow
- You care about working with some of the world’s top brands
- To finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- To be passionate about using your experience and expertise to encourage the team
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Guadalajara, MX
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top