Part-Time AR Cash Accountant
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce- the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: Value People, Be Authentic, Take Ownership, and Deliver as a Team. Does this sound like you?
Accounts Receivable Accountant
As an Accounts Receivable Accountant you will help ensure the overall integrity of processes including collections, cash application and data and accounting support. To be successful in this role you should have above average systems and technology aptitude, enjoy working with both internal and external customers and and have proven intermediate accounting knowledge. This role requires versatility, consistent high performance and adherence to deadlines. This is a part-time position (20-25 hours/week).
How you’ll spend your day
- Providing customers with information about their invoices, payments, etc. and facilitating resolution of collection issues
- Providing excellent and considerate customer service
- Assisting with the cash application process and identifying process improvements
- Reducing delinquency for assigned accounts
- Ensuring month end AR tasks are completed, including reconciliations and ADA analysis
- Performing weekly and monthly reporting on key metrics to direct supervisor
- Assisting with weekly collections plans and process
- Making collection calls in a fast paced goal-oriented collections department
- Processing monthly credit memos, write-offs and other assigned tasks
- Answering phones, emails and research cases in pursuit of reducing aged balances
What to bring
- Strong attention to detail and a goal-oriented attitude
- Commitment to excellent customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- An understanding of accrual based accounting practices
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office tools, including intermediate to advanced Excel skills
- Knowledge of standard finance systems such as Oracle together with knowledge of core finance processes
- Knowledge of Salesforce
- Accounts Receivable knowledge/experience
- Ability to understand and execute cash application process
- Ability to reconcile customer accounts to OpenMarket ERP
You’ll be a great fit if you enjoy…
- Being a part of a small, fast-moving and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- Finding solutions to interesting problems
- Working with some of the world’s top brands
- Having autonomy with complex tasks
- Using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Education & Training:
- BA/BS degree in Business, Accounting or Finance
- Experience in a high volume, high growth atmosphere
This role is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Back to top