Office & IT Support
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you? Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
About the role: Office & IT Support
This is a dynamic role with high emphasis on being self-motivated to solve the task at hand. There is no ‘typical day’ in the Operations team as new challenges are presented daily. You will ensure that good decisions are being made and procedures are being followed. Where gaps are found in process or infrastructure, you will take ownership to resolve them. When services are interrupted, you will be responsive and restore functionality in a timely and efficient manner.
You will work closely with coworkers in other offices and time zones as well as corporate IT on the constantly evolving mission to find ways to partner and achieve zero down time for end users. The team is constantly innovating new approaches to improve efficiency, automate repetitive work and reduce manual tasks.
What you’ll be doing
- Greet office visitors and escort them as needed for security purposes
- Manage visitor and general facility access to the office
- Coordinate OpenMarket vendors
- Work with building management to remedy issues within our office or raise concerns with common areas of the building
- Handle Security Coordinator responsibilities, which include making sure suite is secure and employees are following equipment and paperwork policies
- Listen and act on concerns from staff
- Coordinate seating arrangements of employees and visitors
- Take on and drive completion of office and process improvement projects
Assist with other duties as required
- Provision OpenMarket developer workstations, maintain hardware inventory, function as the liaison with corporate IT as well as provide end user support for internal company IT offerings, such as remote access, proxies and software hosted by the operations team
- Participate in projects to design and implement new technology solutions that meet specific business needs, solve problems, or improve Global Operations offerings
- Occasionally work directly with customers to resolve issues or determine solutions
- Contribute to and maintain documentation for systems, processes, procedures and infrastructure configuration
- Maintain IT store rooms and asset management system
What to bring
- 4 years of general Linux experience
- 4 years of general Windows experience
- 4 years desktop and laptop hardware experience
- Proficient in all Microsoft Office products, with emphasis on Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook calendaring
- A “can do” positive attitude with the ability to think creatively
- Exceedingly well organized, detail oriented, flexible, and self-sufficient
- Good written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to interact professionally with a very diverse blend of personalities maintaining high emotional intelligence
- Ability to diagnose and remedy serious issues promptly and effectively
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills in a highly visible fast paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and keep track of various deliverables and their respective deadlines
- Ability to work independently but also be productive in a team setting such as a multi-faceted project
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discretionary manner
Nice to have
- Experience supporting Mac hardware
- Experience with office Wi-Fi environments
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux proxy configurations
- Linux, Networking or other certifications relevant to a Systems Administrator
- Hands-on experience working in a datacenter environment
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent experience required.
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top