What you’ll be doing
- You will report to Seattle-based Managing Counsel of OpenMarket.
- You will draft and negotiate commercial contracts for the sale of SMS/MMS/RCS messaging services through OpenMarket’s messaging platform.
- You will draft and negotiate Professional Services Agreements, Statements of Work, Marketing Agreements, and Nondisclosure Agreements with customers, vendors, and third parties.
- You will manage GDPR compliance documents for OpenMarket’s suppliers and customers in EMEA and APAC.
- You will analyze significant and/or unique contract requirements, special provisions, terms and conditions to ensure compliance with appropriate laws, regulations and internal corporate policies.
- You will work with major telecommunication providers for the provision of messaging services
- You will provide legal advice on UK and foreign data security laws and regulations, including, but not limited to the GDPR.
- You will provide daily oversight of a UK-based paralegal and/or junior attorney, but will not serve as a formal manager of any other role.
- You will work in a coordinated fashion with Seattle-based Managing Counsel to oversee contract management policies, document retention systems, and a range of procedures for OpenMarket Legal.
What to bring
- Qualified Solicitor in the UK.
- Strong technology transactions experience.
- A minimum of 4+ years of legal experience (preferably at least 1 year experience at a leading law firm).
- Familiarity with IT infrastructure, outsourcing, telecommunications, and cloud computing (SaaS or PaaS) services.
- A strong working knowledge of GDPR and global privacy laws and regulations, as well as relevant experience relating to GDPR compliance.
- An ambition to build frictionless and productive internal client relationships.
- Experience with daily supervision of staff.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
- Motivation to take ownership of projects and get things done.
- Real passion for detail, highly developed organizational skills, and excellent follow-through.
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top