Lead Software Development Engineer
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you? Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
Lead Software Development Engineer
OpenMarket is currently seeking lead Java developers to design, build, configure, and test platform software. Our service oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated platform service team, you will ensure your tools and services are able to scale while maintaining high-performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
Do you value having end-to-end ownership of your services? Teams handle the deployment, operation, and monitoring of the services they own. In addition, some off-hours/on-call support may be required in a “last tier” support capacity.
What to bring
- Expert-level skills as a senior Java engineer with enterprise-level services (scalability, high availability, and multithreading)
- Deep understanding of DevOps and continuous delivery principles
- Solid skills in big data design and development in a distributed environment
- Hands-on experience in cloud computing, preferably in AWS
- Strong problem-solving and design skills—creative and analytical in lateral thinking and logical reasoning
- Lead by example within your team and across the organization by promoting OpenMarket standards and general best practices
- Organize and provide direction to your and other service teams to ensure successful delivery of software
- Own and progress the resolution of production issues to minimize customer impact
- Have a customer experience mindset
- Effectively plan and conduct interviews to evaluate applicants to ensure OpenMarket's technical bar is maintained
- Stay actively involved in cross-organizational activities such as technical forums, developer meetings, and blog posts
- Speak up and drive the conversation when the room is quiet
- Identify technical inefficiencies or gaps and collaborate with other teams to find a resolution
- Experience with existing tools, libraries, etc. outside of your service team, as well as external to OpenMarket instead of re-inventing the wheel
Nice to have
- Experience with assisting in the technical strategy for the organization
- Experience with advocating to management the needs of your team
- Experience with mentoring developers and QA testers
You’ll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
- A Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top