Global SMS Network Specialist
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
At OpenMarket, we offer challenging projects with a collaborative and approachable environment. We understand that our success results from our diverse and dynamic workforce. It is the same people who compose our invaluable culture. Also important to our culture are the company’s core values: People Matter, Authenticity Always, Take Ownership, Get Things Done, and Teamwork. Does this sound like you?
About the role
You will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical SMS Specialist, providing technical assistance around our global SMS offering.
You will become part of our Global SMS Operations team in our London office. This will require working closely with teams worldwide.
What you’ll be doing
- Developing an in depth understanding of our global SMS Products, and demonstrating that knowledge to provide expert technical advice and solutions
- Advanced troubleshooting SMSC events
- External communication with our partnerships
- Critical issue point for internal teams in relation to Global SMS
- Maintain and improve network connections from numerous partners to destinations across the world
- Building and maintaining technical relationships with mobile networks and Partners
- Review and maintain Global SMS knowledgebase
- Managing routes with different cost, quality and supported features.
- Active handling tickets and projects
- 2 Level follow-up and customer concerns with OpenMarket’s partners/carriers
- Provide guidance to global Support teams
- Routing changes audit to ensure quality is maintained
- New Partnership onboarding/implementation and quality testing
- Working actively to help identify ways to improve internal practices and procedures as it relates to our global SMS offering.
- Identify internal gaps in internal relating to our global SMS offering, and work with internal teams to ensure any needed improvement are made.
What you’ll bring
- You should be an enthusiastic, Flexible, structured and solution oriented, diligent individual with a good numerate degree from a respected university
- Practical experience with database scripting, Linux (e.g. shell scripting), SQL knowledge, networking (TCP/IP, HTTP and other common Internet protocols), VPN knowledge, SMSC is an advantage.
- Working knowledge of different SMS (Short Message Service) protocols such as SMPP, Binary (message control), etc., as well as the global SMS network industry, knowledge of SMS Encoding.
- You should have a genial, professional manner and should be comfortable with working with internal and external companies.
- You will need to be persistent in pursuing their objectives. Demonstration of excellent problem solving and networking knowledge will be necessary. Excellent and clear communication skills in both verbal and written and an eye for detail are essential to this role, as the candidate needs to be able to confidently and clearly articulate complicated technical issues with a range of technical abilities.
- You should be the sort of person who naturally wants to take responsibility, and behave in a dedicated manner taking initiative to solve problems ahead of time.
- Task management is important, as a candidate will likely be handling multiple issues simultaneously, and will need to be comfortable with managing such a workload, take ownership of tasks with partners/carriers in order to have the fastest resolution possible to benefit our customers.
- This role is open in Chiswick, London, United Kingdom
- OpenMarket benefits and standard relocation packages will apply.
- Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top