Global SMS Network Specialist
We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you? Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
About the role
You will be working within our geographically distributed team of technical SMS Specialists, providing technical assistance around our global SMS offering. As part of our Global SMS Operations team, you will use your SMS Network expertise to assist some of the largest and most innovative companies in the world.
What you'll be doing
- You will develop an in-depth understanding of our global SMS Products, and use that knowledge to provide exceptional technical advice and solutions.
- You will perform advanced troubleshooting of SMSC events.
- You will act as a critical issue point for internal teams in relation to Global SMS.
- You will build and maintain technical relationships with mobile networks and partners.
- You will continually review and document OpenMarket’s Global SMS knowledgebase.
- You will handle a variety of tickets and projects, including critical issues with OpenMarket’s partners/carriers.
- You will provide mentorship to global Support teams.
- You will monitor routing changes to ensure quality is maintained.
- You will assist with new partner onboarding and quality testing.
- You will work diligently to help identify ways to improve internal practices and procedures as they relate to our global SMS offering.
What to bring
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal. You tailor communication to the appropriate audience: You are wonderfully succinct.
- You are highly analytical with excellent problem-solving skills.
- You take a collaborative approach to work and work well in a team environment.
- You have demonstrable networking knowledge.
- You are comfortable working with SQL and MySQL Databases as well as RDBMS concepts.
- You have SMS industry knowledge, including SMS Quality Assurance and SMS Encoding.
- You have a working knowledge of different SMS protocols such as SMPP, Binary (message control), etc.
- You can confidently and clearly articulate complicated technical issues to internal and external customers with a different levels of technical ability.
You'll be a great fit if...
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow.
- You love disrupting the market with new technology and you welcome the challenge of organizing, managing and executing complex tasks.
- You are passionate about using your mobile messaging background and expertise to inspire the business.
- You enjoy working with a diverse team in a creative and stimulating environment.
This position is open in Guadalajara, Mexico.
OpenMarket is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Senior Account Manager
Nerys continually communicates with OpenMarket’s enterprise accounts in order to maximize clients’ experiences and benefits, acting as a liaison between business customers and internal teams.
Back to top