Account Director - Europe
Enterprise Account Director
We’re a small(ish), innovative and agile company that works with some of the top brands worldwide. We’re passionate about technology and helping enterprises use mobile to transform their business. We offer interesting and challenging work in a friendly, collaborative environment where you’ll immediately see your contribution to the company’s success. You’ll be joining the team at an exciting time as we work together on solving all sorts of interesting problems. We’re looking for enthusiastic people from a range of backgrounds to join our team. We value people who take pride in their work and place an emphasis on getting things done.
The Enterprise Account Director Europe is a senior individual contributor role within a strategic growth area of OpenMarkets’ EMEA organization. The Enterprise Account Director will be responsible for driving commercial growth within Europe enterprise market by way of new customer acquisition and expansion of existing customer implementations.
Success in the role requires a proven sales professional who can proactively drive pipeline growth by targeted outbound sales activity and principled sales execution. The Enterprise Account Director will be responsible for leading all aspects of each phase of the sales process, from prospecting to deal closure. This position will work closely with OpenMarket Product, Marketing, Development, and Finance organizations to ensure profitable growth and trust-based customer engagements.
The role is European-based and reports directly to the Commercial Director Europe.
Major Responsibilities Include:
- Identify and close profitable business with major enterprise accounts
- Identify key market targets and specific needs pertaining to each market target
- Develop and understand customers’ businesses, including their main opportunities and challenges
- Develop and execute go to market strategies and account plans for key targets
- Drive new sales and revenue generating opportunities to maximize OpenMarket sales and market share
- Prepare proposals and author key RFP responses
- Prepare and deliver OpenMarket presentations
- Negotiate contractual business agreements as required
- Employ consultative and ROI solution selling methodology
- Maintain and grow existing customer relationships
- Network within a community of target prospects and customers
- Identify and attend relevant events and conferences
- Work closely with product development in launching new products or expanding the penetration of existing products within current and new accounts
- Set and manage customer expectations based on current solution set and future roadmap
- Act as point of escalation for customer problem resolution
- Use CRM tools, build weekly pipeline reports and attend all regularly scheduled sales meetings and trainings
- 10+ years of technology (emphasis on mobile) strategic sales experience with a focus on major enterprises
- Established and credible contacts/relationships in major enterprises and to be able to proactively sell mobile engagement solutions
- Ability to demonstrate successful track record in planning, selling, and closing complex and competitive sales opportunities with multiple stakeholders
- Track record of repeated success exceeding annual quotas
- Superior analytical and strategic planning skills
- Proven ability to implement strategic initiatives with efficiency, professionalism and with demonstrated trouble shooting/problem solving skills
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills with the ability to establish strong and effective relationships with executive level decision makers in major enterprises
- Exceptional ability to manage and grow internal and external resources and cross functional relationships
- Comfortable working in virtual teams and collaborating internationally
- You are a smart, results-oriented team player.
- You are proactive rather than reactive.
- You take it personally when an issue is unresolved.
- Degree qualified
- MBA desired
- Position is based in Europe
- Travel required: 25-50%
- OpenMarket benefits apply
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation
Meet Some of OpenMarket's Employees
Jay oversees the company’s commercial success, as well as its global operations, by anticipating and preparing for changes in the industry, ensuring OpenMarket is able to adapt.
Back to top