Founded in 2014, Opendoor's mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you're passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Role and Team
Are you thrilled about the opportunity to revolutionize the Real Estate industry by applying cutting edge technologies? Does the prospect of working on the next generation of PropTech excite you? If so, then read on to find out more about this interesting opportunity with Opendoor.
The Consumer Tooling team's mission is to deliver a best-in-class home buying and selling experience for prospective customers by enabling a seamless home access and transaction process while providing Opendoor operators and agents with intelligent capabilities and tools.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will
- Define and guide the team's technical strategies, vision, decisions and architecture that enable a simple, certain customer experience
- Collaborate with various engineering teams and product managers to understand their needs and build tooling features that both meet the immediate need and fit into the larger platform vision
- Level up the organization by mentoring backend and frontend engineers in system design, technical decisions and technical project management
- Contribute to all phases of software development cycle - ideation, build and release - with a bias towards action but consideration for long-term maintainability and scalability
- Partner with your engineering manager and product manager to define our roadmap and advocate for platform adoption and technical excellence across the organization
We're looking for teammates who have
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- A track record of approximately 12+ years of solving platform-level problems for multiple teams across the stack by building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
- Strong engineering fundamentals: we value transferable experience writing & debugging code, scaling existing services, and designing/architecting software systems.
- Proven expertise in their technology of choice. Ideally full-stack development experience using React, GraphQL, Ruby, Golang, ElasticSearch, and PostgresSQL.
This position can be located in Hyderabad or Bengaluru or Chennai.
We are open to consider candidates for relocation.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.