Founded in 2014, Opendoor's mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you're passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About The Team
We're looking for a Staff Software Engineer to join our Consumer Platform team. Our mission is to enable Consumer Product teams to innovate and experiment rapidly. We do so by providing product platforms and components to enable these teams to maximize time-spent directly solving customer problems. In the near term, we'd like your help on our Customer Data Experience Platform - to provide an aggregated view of customer data, behaviors, and intent across all customer interactions within Opendoor. In the mid to long term, we'd like your help to identify common opportunities shared by multiple teams to make bold and foundational investments, and to advocate for consistency and efficiency in shipping consumer products.
- Define and build our long-term data models and system architecture components that properly represent the complexities of our customer journey
- Collaborate with various engineering teams and product managers to understand their needs and enable them to plug in their consumer-facing features into our platform
- Level up the organization by mentoring backend and frontend engineers in system design, technical decisions and technical project management
- Contribute to all phases of software development cycle - ideation, build and release - with a bias towards action but consideration for long-term maintainability and scalability
- Partner with your engineering manager and product manager to define our roadmap and advocate for platform adoption and technical excellence across the organization
- Strong engineering fundamentals: Proficiency in Golang is required
- A track record of approximately 8+ years of solving platform-level problems for multiple teams across the stack by building and delivering production quality software systems
- Excellent communication skills: Clear written and oral communication is important to our ability to operate as a remote team and in building our relationship with our cross-functional partners
- Strong sense of ownership and customer empathy: Our mission is to create a seamless customer experience; understanding the intricacies of the customer journey and being proactive about doing right by our customers is critical to our success.
- Proven expertise in their technology of choice. Experience with building and maintaining event-driven distributed systems using industry standard tools like Kafka and PostgreSQL is a plus.
Remote roles in Canada are only available in British Columbia and Ontario.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
Opendoor Values Openness