Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Opendoor is looking for a Product Design Manager to build a platform for our business partners to buy houses from our customers. In this role you’ll have a clear and measurable impact on a fast growing area of our business. Projects involve designing a robust suite of tools to enable partners to track, bid and negotiate across multiple home transactions. We are looking for design managers who are leaders, strong system thinkers, can handle multiple stakeholders and can mentor more junior designers. The ideal designer for this team has experience working in the digital enterprise / digital tool space.
- Ideate: Work with Product, Engineering, Research and Operations to design and visualize our partner platform.
- Communicate: Showcase your vision and rationale behind leadership decisions to stakeholders and your team.
- Mentor: Work closely with the design team to finalize, validate, and iterate on design solutions, and ensure high-quality implementation.
- Research: Partner with User Experience Research and Partner Market Managers to understand common pain points for partners, product opportunities and priorities.
- Create: Design Journey maps, process maps, info architecture diagrams, wireframes and high-fidelity mock-ups for your features.
- Communicate: Align stakeholders and your team around your vision and tactics. Showcase your work and rationale behind design decisions.
- Collaborate: Work closely with Product, Engineering and Operations to validate the feasibility of your work and ensure the high quality implementation.
- Experience: At least 8 years of relevant experience–preferably some of it in the business/enterprise space working on complex projects– as an individual contributor to a Product Design Team
- Portfolio: A portfolio with native and/or web projects that highlights your approach to problem solving as well as the solutions themselves. Case studies should demonstrate your skills in research, product strategy, user experience, and design management.
- Communication: Excellent communication and storytelling skills, in writing and in speaking. Has a well defined design process.
- Teamwork: Experience partnering with Product, Engineering, Research to craft a broader product strategy. Ability to run workshops/sprints is a must.
Bonus points if
- Experience with large scale operations Opendoor relies on the strategic deployment of people and processes to manage real estate operations at scale.
- Service Design: Familiarity with Service Design approaches.
- Systems Thinking: Familiarity with Systems Thinking approaches.
- A technical or business background: a deep understanding of business metrics, business strategy.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $117,000 - $211,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness