Founded in 2014, Opendoor's mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you're passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
Analytics Platform is on a mission to democratize learning by building systems that enable company-wide analytics and experimentation. By implementing sufficient instrumentation, designing intuitive data models, and building batch/streaming pipelines, we will allow for deep and scalable investigation and optimization of the business. By developing self-serve tools, we will empower executives, PMs, GMs & market managers to understand company performance at a glance and uncover insights to support decision making. Finally, by building capabilities such as forecasting, alerting, and experimentation, we will enable more, better, and faster decisions.
In this role you will work directly with operations and data leadership at Opendoor to design and execute data-informed decision making across all aspects of home renovation and the customer experience.
- Lead team of 2-3 Analytics Engineers across all Opendoor home and customer touchpoints including home renovations, home sellers, and home buyers.
- Drive direct business impact with executive-level visibility
- Design technical architecture and implement components from the ground up as we transition to event-based analytics
- Work on the unique challenge of joining a variety of online and offline data sets, not just big data
- Learn and grow Data Science and Data Analytics skills (we sit in the same org!)
- Partner with infrastructure and product engineers to instrument our backend services and end-to-end user journeys to create visibility for the rest of the business
- Design, develop and monitor scalable and cost-efficient data pipelines and build out new integrations with third-party tools
- Work with data analysts and data scientists to design our data models as inputs to metrics and machine learning models
- Establish the best practices for data engineering
- Assess build vs buy tradeoffs for components in our company-wide analytics platform, which will inform decision-making for executives, PMs and Ops, etc.
- Opportunity to be founding member of the Data Engineer team based out of IN. Will have the autonomy to help shape the vision, influence roadmap and establish best practices for the team
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related technical field
- 12+ years of experience in event instrumentation, data pipelines, and data warehouses, with a history of leading major projects as a data architect/ lead engineer
- Exceptional SQL skills
- Proficiency in programming languages like Python for data manipulation, automation, and building data tools
- Proven experience in providing technical leadership, mentoring team members, and influencing cross-functional teams
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement highly scalable and complex data systems
- Proficiency in systems design, data modeling, and architectural decision-making
- Proficiency in workflow management tools such as Airflow or dbt, with a track record of designing efficient workflows
- Extensive expertise in modern data warehouses like Snowflake or BigQuery, including optimizing queries and ensuring data accuracy
- Adeptness at breaking down intricate problems, documenting comprehensive solutions, and planning iterative improvements
- Proficiency in data visualization tools such as Mode, Tableau, and Looker, and experience in conveying insights effectively
- Good Understanding of software design principles, including test-driven development and maintaining data quality and integrity
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.