Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 75,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
The Mortgage Loan Operations Teams strive to simplify loan procedures and processes, provide superior services to the customer and create long-term value by streamlining the origination process and originating loans in a cost-effective manner.
These objectives are accomplished with a balance between tactical and strategic focus that includes policy and process design while maximizing profitability within the established bounds through best-execution analysis and choice of investor delivery methods while assuring quality controls are set throughout the entire loan process.
Opendoor Home Loans is currently recruiting a Mortgage Post-Closer in the Mortgage Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for assisting with the mortgage loan post-closing process by reviewing loan documents for compliance, completeness and accuracy. The position will obtain missing information, prepare files, and provide support to internal and external customers. You will deliver loan packages to investors as well as board loans with our sub-servicer and follow up with loan packages to ensure loans are purchased in a timely manner. You will also clear pre-purchase conditions received from investors as well as receive and process recorded loan docs.
- Receive audit closing packages for accuracy and completeness.
- Prepare credit and legal documentation packages for delivery.
- Follow-up with title to correct errors and omissions in closing documents
- Transmit and/or deliver files to investors.
- Transmit and/or deliver files to sub-servicer
- Follow-up with trailing documentation
- Monitor “Aging Report(s)” from warehouse lender(s) to ensure loans to not exceed established thresholds.
- Prepare and ship follow up with FHA case binders ensuring FHA insurance, VA guarantee and USDA guarantee has been placed.
- Ensure closed loan packages are delivered by deadline.
- Correspond with Title companies.
- Verifies that all stipulations requested are valid and met to ensure that loans are saleable/purchased.
- Input data into investor delivery systems.
- Adhere to FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and other investor delivery policies and procedures.
- Collect and follow-up with title companies and/or county recorder’s offices to obtain final loan documentation.
- Prepare logs and update records.
- Adhere to corporate guidelines, policies and procedures to insure operational soundness.
Specific Skills required:
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self and others
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage staff and multiple priorities; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with management to achieve business objectives
- Familiar with requirements of Secondary Market as it pertains to loan sales
- Understanding of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) and Government (FHA VA) guidelines and origination process
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Processing or Underwriting experience preferred
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top