Software Engineer (Real Estate Platform)
In order to empower people with the freedom to move, Opendoor must guide customers through complex real estate transactions. As a Software Engineer on the Real Estate Platform team, your mission is to design and build foundational systems that power real estate transactions. We're currently working on a transaction management system that simplifies the complex real estate process and scales as Opendoor serves more and more customers.
You’re excited about this opportunity and organization because you will:
- Build the most efficient transaction management system in the US
- Build external products that guide our customers through the complex real estate transaction process
- Build internal tools that supercharge our operators
- Scale our processes to allow Opendoor to buy and sell 1000s of homes every month
We’re excited about you because:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 6+ years of professional work experience
- You’re excited about real estate
- You love helping coworkers become more efficient
- You want to use technologies such as gRPC, GraphQL, React
- You know or want to learn Go, Elixir, TypeScript, and Ruby
- Experience working in real estate or operations
- Experience with gRPC, GraphQL, React
- Experience with Go, Elixir, TypeScript, or Ruby
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top