Software Engineer (Data Infrastructure)
We’re seeking an exceptional Software Engineer to join us as we define, prototype, and build data systems and pipelines to power our predictive models and analysis capabilities. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, and you'll lead the development of projects that define the future of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Process large amounts of real estate and transactional data in batch and real time to generate a highly accurate world class real estate data set
- Performing analysis to ensure our datasets are robust and reliable for machine learning and business use cases
- Apply deep understanding of data processing technologies to reason about engineering / design tradeoffs
- Become a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 5+ years professional work experience
- Deep understanding of data processing technologies such as Spark, Hadoop, Storm and Kafka
- Experience with Data Warehousing technologies such as BigQuery, Snowflake, and Redshift
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL scheduling technologies
- A sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant and testable code
- Experience working with GIS Data
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top