Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Data team develops the data platform that underlies Opendoor’s business. We’re responsible for both our systems and content. Our focus ranges from integrating with Multiple Listing Services (MLS) to building and maintaining the Data Warehouse solutions that drive algorithmic and interactive data models. We utilize our own proprietary, specialized systems as well as third-party tools from Open Source and Cloud-based providers. Our systems support clients who work with data in applications developed in various languages (including Python, Go, and Ruby) as well as with different latency and SLA profiles. Our real estate data allows us to make crucial business decisions, expose useful information to our customers, and analyze market trends.
- Processing large amounts of real estate and transactional data in batch and real time to generate a highly accurate world class data set.
- Understanding how to quantify uncertainty with our data.
- Deriving fields from unstructured data (e.g. extracting data from home photos and satellite images with computer vision algorithms and extracting data from MLS remarks with natural language processing).
- Performing analysis to ensure our datasets are robust and reliable for machine learning and business use cases.
- Working with data processing technologies such as Spark, Airflow, Pytorch, Jupyter, and Pandas
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- 4+ years of track record in building and delivering production quality software systems
- A deep understanding of data processing technologies such as SQL, Spark, Hadoop, and Kafka
- Experience with Airflow, Luigi, or other ETL scheduling technologies
- The ability to propose and test hypothesis to problems, and drive toward the best solution whilst starting with incomplete information
- Experience with building resilient and reliable systems or data pipelines
- A focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
Bonus Points if
- Love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
- Experience working with AWS, microservice architecture, Python/Go/Scala, Kubernetes
- Experience working with GIS Data
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $100,000 - $279,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness