Senior Software Engineer
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 75,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Team:
Today our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. The Buyer team has developed both web and mobile apps that help users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers throughout the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading the design, creation, and implementation of user facing products that are helpful to our customers
- Providing technical leadership in determination of current limitations and proposing solutions to ensure we’re building for the future
- Building web and mobile applications from scratch, as well as develop and iterate on existing applications
- Working on the Opendoor app, written in React Native and lives today on iTunes and Google Play.
- Becoming a domain expert in real estate and apply that to bettering our customer experience
We are looking for teammates who have:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience
- Experience as a technical lead and seeing projects from conception through
- Expert grasp of React and the concepts behind it and experience with Ruby, Node.JS, Python, or Go
- An attention to detail to pixels, accessibility, and clean, well-tested code - You care about building an app right
- Experience with React Native or native development
- Love diving in and explaining Higher-Order Components or the intricacies of reconciliation to a new teammate
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top