Senior React Native Engineer - Los Angeles
About the role
Today, our software plugs into the existing real estate market via broker-quality data feeds and a network of local real estate agents. We have a web/app feed that helps users house hunt, back-of-house software that helps agents manage transactions, and custom support tools that allow our small team to assist thousands of active buyers through the process. We take a pragmatic, piecemeal approach to crafting software with heavy emphasis on testing, measurement, and iteration.
As a Senior Mobile Engineer, you will work on the Opendoor app, written in React Native and live today on iTunes and Google Play. In addition, you will lead the technical direction, architecture and implementation of our mobile app, collaborate with product managers and designers to understand complex requirements, promote software development best practices, and mentor other engineers. An ideal candidate for this role will have a demonstrated ability to deliver results, high attention to detail, team-player mindset, and curiosity to keep learning
Our stack is Rails, React.js, React Native, and MongoDB, with a heavy peppering of AWS goodies. The only tool we’re dogmatic about is simplicity. You should be comfortable developing the full critical path of a new web feature, but we’re most excited about front end web and/or native app expertise.
- Experience building scalable React Native apps
- Cross functional collaboration with other eng. teams to build modular / reusable react native components
- Provide technical leadership in determination of current limitations and proposing solutions to ensure we’re building for the future
- Raise the bar for technical standards, performance, reliability, and overall code quality
- Experience with REST APIs
- Play an active role in hiring, mentoring and career development of other engineers
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of industry experience
- Minimum of 1 year working with React Native
- Experience building a well-designed app
- A bias for building your way out of a problem
- Get things done attitude
- Optimism about future technology and automation
- Good references from past colleagues
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and simple solutions to complex problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
- Domain knowledge and/or interest in real estate
- Experience with GraphQL
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependent
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top