Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team
The Buyer team helps consumers purchase a home—either an Opendoor home or a home listed on the MLS (homes not owned by Opendoor). They build delightful products that give customers an edge in winning the home of their dreams. The organization consists of product teams who work closely with product managers, designers, user researchers, and data scientists to experiment and deliver new features to buyers.
We’re seeking a Senior Rails Engineer to join us as we improve the reliability of critical systems and empower engineers to build software quickly and confidently. You'll lead the development of projects that enable engineers to build high-quality and reliable services and that impact the growth trajectory of Opendoor.
- Building products, tools, and services that allow Buy with Opendoor to expand into new markets. That will include both building new systems from scratch and evolving existing systems.
- Leading efforts to help migrate our monolith to a microservice architecture.
- Guiding the broader team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs.
- Helping us operate our Ruby on Rails monolith that is used to power the Buy with Opendoor experience.
- Acting in a key support role during major incidents. Participate in the post-incident review process. Write and maintain runbooks and documentation.
- Expertise with Ruby on Rails, especially with large, multi-team codebases.
- 6+ years of experience building and delivering production quality software systems.
- Experience building for a microservice environment.
- Strong coding ability in one or more languages—we mostly write Ruby, Go, and Python at Opendoor, but experience with other languages is also valuable.
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- A sense of ownership and a passion for delighting customers through innovation and creative solutions to sophisticated problems.
For CO Residents Only, and in accordance with C.R.S. Sec. 8-5-101 et seq., the estimated base salary range for this role is $117,000 to $279,000 per year. The estimated range is meant to reflect an anticipated salary range for the position in question based upon market data and other factors, all of which are subject to change. Individual pay is based upon location, skills and expertise, experience, and other relevant factors. For questions about this, our pay philosophy, and other available benefits, please speak to the recruiter if you decide to apply for the role and are selected for an interview.
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness