Senior Loan Officer (NMLS Licensed Mortgage Sales Consultant)
- Plano, TX
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 78,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the role:
Opendoor Home Loans is looking for a Mortgage Consultant who is prepared to make a difference in the lives of customers looking to buy a home. The Mortgage Consultants will be responsible for new residential mortgages business by talking to qualified, live inbound calls from company generated marketing leads. They will be responsible for discussing client’s needs, recommending the best loan products, helping customers put together a complete loan package and working with the underwriting /processing team throughout the loan process.
As a Senior Mortgage Consultant, you will:
- Build rapport and leverages customer relationships with existing and potential borrowers with the goal of meeting customer needs and exceeding their expectations.
- Analyze customers' financial situations and provide the appropriate solution by advising customers as to the appropriate loan product for them.
- Excel in a fast-paced environment with the ability to multitask and follow up with multiple customer and work on multiple files each day.
- Accept multiple live, qualified inbound leads daily.
- Lock loans at point of sale, request initial documents from the customer, and submit an initial, paperless loan package to production staff.
- Review active loan files each day to determine if any documents are missing or what can be done to help the process along
- Structure and price loans accurately.
- Ensure Complete Customer satisfaction
- Operate as the key Point of contact during the process responsibilities including updating status, reviewing disclosures, presenting any counter offers and going over closing statement prior to closing.
We look for teammates who have:
- NMLS state licensing required - Texas preferred
- 3+ years' full-time loan origination experience; call center environment preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong desire to succeed in a sales environment and be a top producer.
- Ability to correctly and accurately structure and price loans.
- Complete knowledge of conventional and government loan programs
- Current TX DBO and NMLS license. (Must have pass National test & 20-hour lic. course.)
- Four or more additional state NMLS licenses preferred.
- Excellent communication and relationship skills.
- Self-motivated, self-starting professional.
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Truly independent mortgage sales professional.
Bonus points if you have:
- Mortgage Sales: 3+ years (Preferred)
Job Types: Full-time, Base Salary+ Commission
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top