Senior Frontend Software Engineer (Adjacent Services)
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 75,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
We’re seeking a Software Engineer passionate about building the future of real estate transactions. At Opendoor we handle billions of dollars of home sales every year, and our team is building a simpler, more transparent experience for complex products like Mortgage, Title, Escrow, and Insurance. Every engineer at Opendoor has an outsized impact, owning their projects from start to finish, reaching tens of thousands of customers every month and growing quickly with the company.
Your responsibilities include:
- Making user-facing products that will guide our customers through complex transactions like Mortgage, Escrow, and Insurance
- Rapidly iterating with customers, designers and product managers to product market fit and prioritize engineering work that will have the highest impact
- Guiding the team in making intelligent and pragmatic technical trade-offs
- Becoming a domain expert in real estate
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 6+ years of industry experience
- Broad understanding of the whole engineering stack, with deep knowledge of frontend technologies
- Advanced knowledge in at least one programming language
- A sense of ownership for everything you ship
- Focus on rapid delivery without sacrificing technical excellence
- Care for modular, performant, and testable code
- Experience with front-end technologies, including React and React Native
- Experience with Go, Python, or Ruby
- Familiarity with AWS infrastructure, Docker and Kubernetes
- A passion for learning new technologies and different ways to solve problems
- You love delighting customers with honest, transparent products and experiences
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top