Senior Corporate Counsel
Opendoor operates at the intersection of the technology and residential real estate industries. Our talented legal team addresses novel, complex legal issues every day, and provides rapid, creative, and compliant solutions.
We're looking for an experienced corporate attorney to join Opendoor to support our growing company. You'll have a diverse range of responsibilities, primarily focused on general corporate work, mergers and acquisitions and other strategic ventures and corporate partnerships, but you will also help us with securities law compliance, corporate governance and stock administration matters. We are a small and nimble legal team supporting a growing company, so you’ll cover a lot of ground.
- Be the primary lawyer on strategy and execution of Opendoor’s corporate development projects, strategic ventures and partnerships, and other corporate transactions
- Handle day-to-day general corporate matters across the company and our subsidiaries as we support our fast-growth and expansion
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams, including finance, tax, stock administration, accounting, people, corporate and business development, product, and engineering to manage corporate transactions and initiatives
- Provide advice, strategic support and education to business clients about corporate governance, securities, M&A and other corporate matters
- Manage multiple deals and support colleagues to ensure business initiatives are executed timely and accurately
- J.D. plus at least 8 years of general corporate and M&A experience at a top-tier law firm; in-house and IPO experience is a plus
- Experience working with venture-backed high growth private companies is desired
- Ability to work independently, think creatively and flexibly, and provide practical legal solutions
- Must enjoy working with a broad range of business team members in a fast-paced environment
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top