As our company grows and we expand our security team, Opendoor is looking for exceptional Security Engineers to drive company security initiatives and keep our employees and infrastructure protected against real-world threats. You’ll be joining a team where you have real ownership and a charter to champion best practices, drive change, and determine future policy. You’ll also partner closely with our other security domains: Application Security, GRC, IT Security, as well as other company business units, including Legal, Finance, and Corporate Communications -- so you’ll never end up working in a silo.
- Contribute to the improvement of our security incident detection and response capabilities
- Monitor for threats and potential indicators of compromise
- Develop and maintain internal security response tooling and automation
- Develop and maintain runbooks to support the Incident Response (IR) workflow
- Evaluate and measure IR program maturity against applicable Security frameworks (e.g. NIST CSF)
- Participate in on-call rotation
We're looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years experience in Information Security with a significant portion of that experience drawn from IR
- Strong malware reverse engineering, Digital Forensics and Incident Response (DFIR) skills
- Demonstrated experience at building IR processes that scale
- Strong system and network administration skills
- Experience with AWS
- A software engineering mindset for building security solutions
- A desire to work against metrics derived from industry standards
- A track record of contributing to a variety of security projects and tools
- Excellent communication and customer-facing skills
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S. or B.A.) in computer science, STEM or related field, or equivalent training, fellowship, or work experience.
- Hands-on experience implementing and maintaining security controls through infrastructure-as-code
- An understanding of the value of usability and buy-in when it comes to security policy and practice
- A strong sense of ownership for everything you deliver
- Love for security at work and outside of work. As shown by: presenting at a known security conference, contributing to or creating open source security tools, contributing to the security community in general, etc.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top