Product Manager - Buyer
- Los Angeles, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Opendoor Buyer Experience in Silver Lake, Los Angeles is looking for a product manager that will help us build and ship better products. You’ll work closely with designers, engineers, and your product teammates to conceptualize and drive product decisions that improve the home visit experience. The New Products Team is tasked with launching new offerings that create compelling, differentiated reasons to choose Opendoor over a traditional agent to buy your next home. New Products is structured as an in-house innovation team with operations, design, and engineering resources capable of taking products from idea to in-market validation.
Opendoor is an online/offline product, so documenting workflows to understand the dependencies between product changes and operators in the field is important for keeping Operations, Design, and Engineering on the same page. Strong systems-thinking is a requirement for understanding implications within the multi-sided marketplace we run between tour agents, offer agents, and homebuyers.
- Talk to customers: lead ops-driven product development to uncover customer needs and gaps in positioning.
- Own delivery of product initiatives and releases on Web and Mobile.
- Define, document, and communicate objectives, requirements, and constraints for product initiatives and releases.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to deliver products.
- Communicate development status and document progress toward milestones to internal stakeholders.
- Prioritize and sequence product initiatives against company goals.
- Assess and validate product priorities to set strategic direction.
- Identify key success metrics, analyze the results of product changes, and communicate results and next steps to cross-functional team members.
- Analyze and review product data and customer interaction trends.
- Own and manage the product backlog, balancing dependencies across multiple platforms.
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of product management experience.
- Leadership experience and a proven ability to innovate on web or mobile consumer products.
- Demonstrated track record of driving each step in product development: research, initial concept, requirements gathering, development/deployment planning, implementation, launch, testing, analysis, and iteration.
- Ability to work effectively with engineering to set realistic goals and stay on track.
- Strong organizational skills and attention-to-detail.
- Great interpersonal and communication skills.
- Understanding of user-experience design principles.
- Experience or demonstrated interest developing products for workflow optimization, scheduling, routing, internal tools, and other products at the intersection of user experience & operations management.
- Background in Computer Science, Operations Research or a related engineering discipline.
- Familiarity with agile scrum process.
- Interest or experience in the real estate industry.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top