Pricing Strategy & Analytics Lead
- San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
Pricing Strategy & Analytics is a specialized and cross-functional team that works closely with leadership teams, data science, engineering, product, design, and operations teams to drive business critical pricing related decision-making. Each team member is responsible for the effective performance of a key component of our pricing system (acquisition and resale pricing from valuation and risk to strategy) and will be accountable for key operating metrics to drive via operations, analytics and product.
As a member of this team, you’ll lay the foundation for how we build a better pricing system that delivers fair and timely pricing and risk decisions across our customer and home life cycle. The team leads projects, interacts regularly with our senior leadership team, develops key strategic frameworks and drives insights to build value across the business. We are looking for team members with high curiosity about data and the insights it can uncover about our customers and products!
As a Pricing Strategy & Analytics Lead, you will:
- Partner with our product teams on product roadmap and vision
- Drive insights and recommendations for improving the effectiveness of operating processes and programs
- Work closely with the operating teams to drive pricing business results
- Lead quarterly and annual resource allocation and initiative planning for the pricing operations function
- Lead continuous efforts to develop models from our own and external data to improve company decision making
- Deliver crisp communication of recommended solutions to senior leaders, operators and other stakeholders
- Deliverables include diagnostics of business results, analytic models, custom performance analysis, building a scalable reporting infrastructure, and developing solutions in presentation-ready form for Opendoor executives
We’re looking for teammates who have:
- 5+ years of analytical, strategy and/or business operations experience
- Preferably 2+ years of experience in management consulting, investment banking, investing or high performance professional services firm
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication skills
- Proficiency in SQL. Strong Python and/or R skills are nice to have
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top