Mortgage Quality Assurance (QA) & Quality Control (QC) Underwriter
- Proficient in all investor and company guidelines and familiar with other Opendoor Home Loans department responsibilities
- Ensures adherence to policies, guidelines and procedures as well as compliance regulations (HMDA, TILA, RESPA, HOEPA, FCRA and ECOA) and credit guidelines
- Communicates, demonstrates and inspires others to incorporate Opendoor’s vision and core values in daily activities.
- Promote a strong risk culture by using constructive dissent to appropriately challenge using data and analysis.
- Review procedures to ensure key processes are identified and conform to enterprise policies, standards, and procedures.
- Identify, log, track, analyze, develop action plans for, and remediate issues in an effective and timely manner, and perform root cause analyses to proactively identify and remediate issues.
- Perform timely Pre and or Post-Funding Quality loan reviews for mortgage originations to assess the accuracy and integrity of the information used to support the lending decision and adherence to federal and state compliance requirements, policy and procedures, GSE requirements, all related contractual terms and agreements.
- Participate in reviewing and maintaining all Pre/Post Fund Quality scripts, procedures, and methodologies.
- Work with business to ensure proper identification of cures.
- Ensure consistent feedback to production management as it relates to quality and escalation to Senior Management when no corrective actions occur.
- Communicate and facilitate within the quality review team process, procedure and regulatory changes as necessary.
- Provide sufficient and timely reporting to management as required.
- Participate in the identification and monitoring of trends to provide consistent and actionable feedback to Senior Management on gaps in need of improvement.
- Ability to collaborate with business units to ensure root-cause analysis is incorporated into the correction action process.
- Maintain a high degree of accuracy, departmental productivity and quality team goals.
- Provides measurable standards of achievement for proper management control and staff development.
- Consistently contributes to the ongoing Mortgage Loan Operations efforts to deliver process efficiencies to reduce costs and improve quality and productivity.
- Manages and/or participates in various operation projects.
Specific Skills Required:
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Strong understanding of mortgage lending including operations and mortgage compliance-must understand TRID
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage self and multiple priorities; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong lean towards technology and leveraging technology in creative ways
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with management to achieve business objectives
- Thorough understanding of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) and Government (FHA VA)
- Two (2) years of pre-fund or post fund quality review (QA/QC), processing, or underwriting experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- High school or G.E.D. equivalent required
Meet Some of Opendoor's Employees
Tanya G.Area Construction Manager
The Area Construction Manager collaborates with others on the Opendoor team to provide customers with clean, safe, and functional homes.
Back to top