- Plano, TX
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support the 85,000 customers who have selected us as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one.
So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the Team:
The Mortgage Loan Operations Teams strive to simplify loan procedures and processes, provide superior services to the customer and create long-term value by streamlining the origination process and originating loans in a cost-effective manner.
These objectives are accomplished with a balance between tactical and strategic focus that includes policy and process design while maximizing profitability within the established bounds through best-execution analysis and choice of investor delivery methods while assuring quality controls are set throughout the entire loan process.
About the Role:
Opendoor Home Loans LLC is currently recruiting a Mortgage Post-Closer in the Mortgage Department. If you are the chosen candidate, you will be responsible for assisting with the mortgage loan post-closing process by reviewing loan documents for compliance, completeness and accuracy. The position will obtain missing information, prepare files, and provide support to internal and external customers. You will deliver loan packages to investors as well as board loans with our sub-servicer and follow up with loan packages to ensure loans are purchased in a timely manner. You will also clear pre-purchase conditions received from investors as well as receive and process recorded loan docs.
As a Mortgage Post-Closer, you will:
- Receive audit closing packages for accuracy and completeness
- Prepare credit and legal documentation packages for delivery
- Follow-up with title to correct errors and omissions in closing documents
- Transmit and/or deliver files to investors
- Transmit and/or deliver files to sub-servicer
- Follow-up with trailing documentation
- Monitor “Aging Report(s)” from warehouse lender(s) to ensure loans to not exceed established thresholds
- Prepare and ship follow up with FHA case binders ensuring FHA insurance, VA guarantee and USDA guarantee has been placed
- Ensure closed loan packages are delivered by deadline
- Correspond with Title companies
- Verifies that all stipulations requested are valid and met to ensure that loans are saleable/purchased
- Input data into investor delivery systems
- Adhere to FNMA/FHLMC, FHA, VA and other investor delivery policies and procedures
- Collect and follow-up with title companies and/or county recorder’s offices to obtain final loan documentation
- Prepare logs and update records
- Adhere to corporate guidelines, policies and procedures to insure operational soundness
We are looking for teammates who have:
- Senior Post Closer: Five (5) years of processing, closing, and/or underwriting experience
- Mid Level Post Closer: Two (2) years of processing, closing, and/or underwriting experience
- Self-starter with the ability to plan and prioritize workload for self
- Strong analytical skills and decision-making ability to make lending decisions and translate guidelines
- Strong understanding of mortgage lending including operations and mortgage compliance-must understand TRID
- Ability to work independently and as a team; ability to garner support and collaborate with others
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills to manage self and multiple priorities; and meet deadlines in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong lean towards technology and leveraging technology in creative ways
- Ability to work collaboratively and supportively with management to achieve business objectives
- Thorough understanding of Conventional (Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac) and Government (FHA VA)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and abilities can be acquired
- Processing or Underwriting experience preferred
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Your choice of coverage for medical, dental, and vision (optional for dependents)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefit
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top