Lead Executive Recruiter
Opendoor’s growing talent acquisition organization is building out the Executive Recruiting function to keep pace with our national expansion. This individual will ensure that the Opendoor Executive Recruiting culture is conducive to leaders and executives fostering relationships with candidates, search firms, and our VC talent partners to create a strong pipeline of talent consistent with the senior talent needs. We are looking for a dynamic, passionate Lead Executive Recruiter aligning our efforts, processes, culture, against business priorities. Working closely with our executive team, we are looking for someone who can serve as a thought leader and advisor, demonstrate results, and develop strong relationships and a scalable process and approach for Opendoor.
In this role you will...
- Partner with the Head of Talent and the executive team to define the ideal profile of an Opendoor leader at this phase of Opendoor’s growth
- Assist in the overall Opendoor approach for attracting, recruiting, and hiring senior leaders including ensuring the creation of a diverse talent plan.
- Devise a market mapping and research strategy to build and maintain a pipeline of key executive talent in anticipation of future needs.
- Work with the Head of Talent in building out and implementing new processes and programs at scale
- Partner with key search firms and overall strategy on engaging with external recruiting partners.
- Drive the full lifecycle of the executive search process - including partnering with executive management on position definition, search strategy and candidate requirements, developing recruiting strategies and offers and negotiations
- Maintain reporting/tracking and analytical data regarding all facets of the leadership hiring process and pipeline
- Conduct in-depth interviews of potential candidates, demonstrating ability to anticipate hiring manager preferences through high offer-to-interview ratios
- Create job specifications, assessments, scorecards and other supporting documentation, in collaboration with the hiring manager
- Minimum of 7 years of experience preferably in a search firm coupled with in-house executive corporate recruiting experience
- Experience in a fast-growing tech company with experience recruiting across various functions (Engineering, Product, and Corporate)
- Ability to lead strategic recruiting initiatives and hiring priorities in partnership with key business stakeholders and leaders
- Influence executive leaders in an advisory/consulting capacity in a rapidly scaling environment with a strong understanding of equity components
- Comfortable in direct sourcing and experience with complex compensation negotiations
- Experience building and utilizing a variety of sourcing methodologies and tools, including proactive phone and internet research
- An expert level of knowledge in all full life-cycle recruiting components including, but not limited to, sourcing, qualifying, networking, wage and salary trends, relationship management, and due diligence
- Analytical rigor; able to be data-driven in your approach to recruiting and identifying root causes of any issues.
- Results-driven work ethic with the ability to keep a sense of urgency under ever-changing circumstances
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top