Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
This is a great opportunity to join our growing customer experience team in Texas. This role combines elements of customer service, consultative sales, operations and licensed agent duties. You will serve as the main point of contact for both sellers and institutional real estate partners (REITs, private equity real estate funds, family offices, etc).This is a unique role as you will serve as the licensed agent representing our institutional partners.
At the same time, you will be cultivating an ongoing relationship with our institutional partners working to source and complete as many transactions as possible. If you get your energy from empowering people, problem solving, and turning any situation into an incredible experience… this role is for you.
As a Institutional Buyers Partner, you will:
- Connect deeply with your Partners and Sellers in order to discover and provide their ideal customer experience
- Guide Customers through the home-selling process as the customer’s main point of contact
- Represent and be the face of Opendoor brokerage to our institutional partners
- Skillfully manage both seller and partner needs and protect timelines for fast-moving transactions in an organized, professional, and friendly manner
- Work closely with world-class teams to rapidly build better processes, tools and customer experience
- Be willing to grow and expand your real estate knowledge by getting licensed in new markets and multiple states as needed
We’re looking for teammates who are:
- Mission-driven. You believe in our mission to empower everyone with the freedom to move and can’t stop thinking about how we can improve upon our best-in-class customer experience.
- Curious. Your desire to fully understand someone’s needs drives your conversations many layers deep, enabling you to create comfort for your customers while also gaining an understanding for the experience they need.
- Hungry. You have the horsepower and whatever-it-takes attitude to give your customers a delightful experience working outside of normal business hours including weekends.
- True empaths. What gets you out of bed each morning is connecting with and helping people from all walks of life. You naturally put the needs of others before your own and derive energy from helping people.
- Coachable. You crave feedback and receive it with enthusiasm seeking out opportunities to become a better operator.
- Adaptive and flexible operators. You work well in ambiguity, feel comfortable context-shifting, and adapt quickly to changing processes and tools.
- All about team. You thrive on empowering others and taking the time to nurture growth in your teammates. Before anyone asks, you’re always there to lend extra capacity when the team gets overextended.
- Skilled communicators + active listeners. You have limitless patience and enjoy the challenge of explaining a complex concept multiple times in different ways until a customer truly gets it.
- Solution-oriented. Everyone notices problems, do you have a bias towards action? When a current policy is creating customer friction or you’re certain a new tool could make our customer interactions more efficient, this gets you really excited. You scope the problem, gather supporting evidence, and propose a solution.
- Have an active real estate license in any state Opendoor operates in
- Residential real estate transaction experience
- 2+ years of experience in real estate or 6+ months with a high volume real estate team preferred
More About Us
To learn how we are reinventing the Real Estate industry check out our website, to hear about our culture directly from team members visit The Muse and to discover what we are building for our customers read our blog posts.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks
• Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 85% coverage for dependents
• Flexible vacation policy
• Generous parental leave
• Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness