Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support more than 100,000 homes bought and sold with us and the customers who have selected Opendoor as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one. So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
We’re looking for a Homes Project Manager to join the team! As a Project Manager you’ll collaborate with the acquisitions and resale teams to own all repair related services for homes Opendoor homes. You will actively manage your homes from the initial inspection to final resale. You’ll work with our customers, our vendors, and various Opendoor teams, including those in our San Francisco office. The Project Manager will support the market Home Operations Team in establishing a culture that is conducive to Opendoor’s core principles and a superior customer experience.
As a Homes Project Manager you will:
- Review neighborhood conditions, home comparables and conduct thorough in-home condition assessments to facilitate the due diligence process prior to home purchase.
- Maintain a high level of customer care while developing a clear and thorough assessment of home condition.
- Create repair and renovation scopes for local vendors adhering to quality and pricing standards.
- Collaborate with market Valuations Team to identify and scope ROI positive renovation enhancements.
- Manage the execution of repair and renovation scopes on time, on budget, and at or exceeding our quality standards. This includes interacting with and managing vendors, conducting in-field quality control checks, and working within a scheduling system to coordinate work.
- Finalize preparation of home for listing including security system and sign set up.
- Respond to listed home quality issues in homes as they arise before resale.
- Support the Closing Team to determine the scope, price & validity of all repair asks during resale.
- Quickly adapt to evolving situations and priorities
Education and/or Experience:
- 3-5 years residential construction/renovation management
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Strong technical and verbal communication skills
- Expertise in estimating residential construction and renovations projects
- Experience in managing residential construction and renovations projects
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- A team-first mentality and eagerness to set and meet aggressive goals
- Attention to detail and deadlines
- Acts from ownership
- Team player
- Possess a valid state Driver's License
- Possess a motor vehicle to perform the essential functions of the role
- Must be willing to store company owned tools, signage, and other equipment in own vehicles
- Leadership skills
- While performing the duties of this job, team member must perform multiple tasks at home sites that require some physical labor, including lifting, climbing, bending, and operating hand and power tools
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision requirements due to computer work
- Moderate lifting is required
- Ability to uphold the stress of driving within your assigned territory for 30% of the work day
- Regular, predictable attendance is required; including quarter-driven hours as business demands dictate
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a teammate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
More About Us:
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor Values Openness:
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.