Head of Sales and Support
- Phoenix, AZ
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served over 80,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. With Covid-19, the world is changing, and real estate is no exception. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Role:
There is no better place to transform the real estate industry than as our Head of Sales & Support. As the Head of Sales & Support, you have ultimate responsibility for our acquisition and resale growth goals by ensuring buyers and sellers select the Opendoor solution that best meets their needs and gets them into their dream home. You are exceptionally customer centric, have a proven track record of driving sales growth and deeply understand how to improve and develop your teams, product, processes and technology to meet and exceed our customer expectations. You are highly collaborative, especially in your ability to manage and partner across functions to solve complex problems for our customers and develop and bring to market new products. You are a proven people manager and builder of high-performing teams.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Oversee and align multiple Sales & Support functions into an integrated customer strategy with a focus on high quality execution
- Set a strategic vision for the Sales & Support organization - including prioritization of product, process and operations improvements that marry customer needs with the overall business strategy
- Inspire and develop a high-performing and rapidly growing team of 100+ Real Estate Sales, Agent, and Support members, including recruiting, hiring & training new team members to hit 2020-2021 growth targets
- Deeply understand our products and customers and own all customer-facing interactions and teams across all markets
- Refine and implement a consistent and scalable Sales & Support experience through playbooks, scripts, processes, coaching, craft mentorship, Service Levels Agreements, performance management and overall organizational structure
- Set and be responsible for meeting monthly and quarterly goals by market
- Partner cross-functionally with Product and Marketing leaders to continually evolve and enhance the customer experience - focusing on product positioning and customer centric language
- Protect, refine and grow the Opendoor brand with each and every customer interaction
- 7+ years of proven sales leadership
- Experience developing and implementing scalable Sales & Support teams, processes and systems with an eye for operational excellence
- Proven track record of holding a Sales & Support team to high expectations - frequently exceeding SLAs and team goals
- Visionary leader - consistently leading from the front with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams in a rapidly changing environment
- Excellent communicator with an ability to distill complex information into a compelling narrative for both customers and internal teams
- Ability to develop and lead through quickly evolving strategies and product iterations - demonstrated experience partnering closely with Product and Product Marketing teams
- Proven ability to hire, manage and develop Sr. Manager / Director level talent
- Hands on leader with strong coaching abilities
- Strong customer acumen with a passion for customer positioning
- Creative problem solving abilities, and a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems
- Quantitative and data-driven; able to draw insights from data, but also to make decisions based on imperfect data
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do “whatever it takes"
- Ability to travel 5 - 10 days per month (post COVID)
- Spanish language fluent
- Experience working at a high-growth technology company
- Real estate experience
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top