Head of Operations, Customer Experience
- San Francisco, CA
Are you intrigued by the thought of disrupting a trillion dollar industry through technology? At Opendoor, we’re on a mission to make it simple to buy and sell homes. The traditional process is broken, with an average home taking over 90 days to sell and costing thousands of dollars. We empower everyone with the freedom to move by making buying and selling a home stress-free and instant. We’ve built an exceptional team, seen strong growth, served nearly 75,000 customers (with an annual run rate of $5 billion), and raised $1.3 billion in funding. The coming years present a tremendous opportunity for innovation as we explore new frontiers and scale nationwide.
About the Customer Experience Operations Team
Our touchpoints with customers are critical: whether buying or selling, transacting on a home is one of life’s biggest milestones. At Opendoor, we deeply understand the importance of the transaction and partner with our customers to give them the support and guidance they need. The Customer Experience (CX) team at Opendoor spans sales, support and customer success, across each of the 21 markets where we operate.
The CX Operations team provides the infrastructure necessary to optimize the impact of the team, across both operations and enablement.
About the Head of Operations, Customer Experience
As the Head of Operations, Customer Experience, you will oversee the team and scale it as we expand.
You will facilitate new product launches, drive step-function improvements in our processes and playbooks, oversee the way we measure performance, and partner with engineering, product & design to make sure we have the right tooling in place. You will be a trusted partner to our Head of CX, our Head of Operations Excellence and our President of Homes & Services.
- Set a vision for the organization and oversee the development of playbooks, processes, training and feedback loops
- Work cross-functionally with Engineering, Product, Design, Analytics and Learning & Development to drive continuous improvement in our operational system and ensure we build the right technology to support the team’s success
- Work closely with our Head of CX to drive operator performance and P&L outcomes
- Test and iterate on new processes and policies, and drive the implementation of new products
- Build robustness and scalability into all of our systems and processes: as we grow fast, we need to make sure that our systems keep up
- Drive operational excellence reducing defects and improving our cost structure in CX
- Anticipate and respond to shifting needs and goals of the overall company and the CX function and proactively seek out ways to align and execute around these
- Collaborate with CX managers to diagnose team-level, city-level and operator-level nuances and get to “ground truth” on what works, and what doesn’t
- A thoughtful people leader: you’re an experienced people leader who can lead both directly and by influence. You can drive performance from your team and from cross-functional partners, and you care deeply about development and building long-term careers.
- Highly collaborative: You’re excited about working across all of our regions and across all levels of the organization: with our leadership team, our GMs, our functional teams, and frontline operators. You’re a strong communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams
- Both systems thinking and action oriented: you’re a strategic thinker who can go deep on a business and understand its core drivers; you’re also biased to action and know that the true test of an idea comes when we try it out in the real world.
- Quantitative and data driven: you’re eager and able to drive insights to the business using data. You look to data not only for the “what” (“what’s happening in our business?”) but the “so what” (“why does this matter and what is it telling us about potential next steps?”) and the “now what” (“what you recommend we do with this, and how/when?”). Equally important: you understand that “data” doesn’t always exist in a spreadsheet, and you’re excited to talk to customers and get on the ground to understand how different markets work.
- A creative problem solver: You have a proven track record of thinking “outside the box” to solve complicated and multi-faceted problems. You think top-down, bottoms-up and from multiple angles to make sure we’re being exhaustive in the way we evaluate our business.
- Customer-first: You care about our customers, and you understand that we exist, first and foremost, to serve a customer need. Selling a home is stressful and emotional, affecting a customer’s largest asset. You’re mindful of that in everything that you and the team do.
- Humble: You’ll be a leader overseeing operations in multiple cities, but you’ll do it in a low-ego way. You’re able and willing to “flex up and down” and roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes.
- Hungry and energetic: You’re determined to hit ambitious goals and can rally a team and our organization behind them.
- At least 7+ years in an operational and analytical leadership role
- At least 3+ years of experience managing teams
- A proven track-record of launching product solutions across a business unit with measurable success and business impact
- Prior experience in sales operations, business operations or customer success operations
- Prior experience at a high-growth technology company
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Full medical, dental, and vision with optional 70% coverage for dependents
- Flexible vacation policy
- Educational budget to invest in your career development and growth
- Fitness/Commuter Benefit stipend
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top