Head of Opendoor Agents
- Phoenix, AZ
Founded in 2014, Opendoor’s mission is to empower everyone with the freedom to move. We believe the traditional real estate process is broken and our goal is simple: build a digital, end-to-end customer experience that makes buying and selling a home simple, certain and fast. We have assembled a dedicated team with diverse backgrounds to support the 85,000 customers who have selected us as a trusted partner in handling one of their largest financial transactions. But the work is far from over as we continue to grow in new markets. Transforming the real estate industry takes tenacity and dedication. It takes problem solvers and builders. It takes a tight knit community of teammates doing the best work of their lives, pushing one another to transform a complicated process into a simple one.
So where do you fit in? Whether you’re passionate about real estate, people, numbers, words, code, or strategy -- we have a place for you. Real estate is broken. Come help us fix it.
About the role:
We are looking for our first leader of the Opendoor Agent Ops team. In this role, you will oversee the Opendoor Agent program across the country. You will directly manage Team Leads responsible for Opendoor Agents serving Buyers and Sellers with Opendoor Brokerage’s innovative products. You will also work with other leaders within Opendoor’s Customer Experience team and other functions to ensure our customers have a seamless and delightful experience working with us. You will be responsible for supporting the Team Leads as they improve their craft, ensuring Opendoor’s customers and clients receive outstanding experiences, while expanding Opendoor’s reach to more Buyers and Sellers. Come help us reimagine and rebuild how buying and selling can and should be done.
- Guide and lead the Opendoor Agent team
- Set a vision for the organization
- Develop and execute against goals and key performance indicators
- Manage the Team Leads responsible for nationwide agent operations and performance
- Provide ongoing mentorship and problem solving support to the team
- Partner with leaders in the broader Customer Experience organization, Product organization, and others to ensure our customers receive delightful service
We are looking for someone who is:
- A thoughtful people leader: you’re an exceptional people leader who can lead both directly and by influence. You can drive performance from your team and from cross-functional partners, and you care deeply about development and building long-term careers
- Highly collaborative: You’re excited about working across all of our regions and across all levels of the organization: with our leadership team, our GMs, our functional teams, and frontline operators. You’re a strong communicator with the ability to motivate and inspire cross-functional teams
- Both systems thinking and action oriented: you’re a strategic thinker who can go deep on a business and understand its core drivers; you’re also biased to action and know that the true test of an idea comes when we try it out in the real world.
- Quantitative and data driven: you’re eager and able to drive insights to the business using data. You look to data not only for the “what” (“what’s happening in our business?”) but the “so what” (“why does this matter and what is it telling us about potential next steps?”) and the “now what” (“what you recommend we do with this, and how/when?”). Equally important: you understand that “data” doesn’t always exist in a spreadsheet, and you’re excited to talk to customers and get on the ground to understand how different markets work.
- Customer-first: You care about our customers, and you understand that we exist, first and foremost, to serve a customer need. Selling a home is stressful and emotional, affecting a customer’s largest asset. You’re mindful of that in everything that you and the team do.
- Humble: You’ll be a leader overseeing operations across the country, but you’ll do it in a low-ego way. You’re able and willing to “flex up and down” and roll up your sleeves to do whatever it takes.
- Hungry and energetic: You’re determined to hit ambitious goals and can rally a team and our organization behind them.
- A real estate expert: you have deep experience helping buyers and sellers, and are excited about training agents to deliver exceptional customer experiences.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a realtor
- Brokerage experience or experience leading agent teams is highly preferred.
More About Us
Want to learn more about us and how we are revolutionizing the home buying and selling process? Learn more about us on our website, check out our profile on The Muse to learn more about our culture from our team members, or read our blog posts to hear about the work we are doing.
We Offer the Following Benefits and Perks:
- Your choice of coverage for medical, dental, and vision (optional for dependents)
- Flexible vacation policy
- Commuter benefit
- Generous parental leave
- Paid time off to volunteer
Please note that these benefits and perks are available only to Full Time team members and do not apply to contract roles.
Opendoor values Openness
Our team celebrates our diverse backgrounds. We believe that being open about who we are and what we do allows us to be better. Individuals seeking employment at Opendoor are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or other protected status under all applicable laws, regulations, and ordinances.
Back to top